URGENT - Help us provide 3,000 meals a month for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis.
Thanks to one of our partner foundations, any gift made before June 30 will be matched. Give today to double your impact!
A Chance In Life works with the most vulnerable communities in Italy, Ethiopia, India and Latin America. Even in the most stable of times, the youth we serve are unable to receive adequate care or an education without the support of our Towns.
As COVID-19 spread rapidly across international borders, we faced extreme challenges as schools were forced to close and many of our children were sent home to struggling relatives poorly equipped to care for them. During this difficult time, we took immediate action. With your support, we were able to secure and distribute life-saving emergency hunger relief supplies to children and their family members. We have provided support during the pandemic to 18 of our programs. 1,294 boys, 1,298 girls and 1,833 families have received support. Thus far, we have reached a total of 4,425 boys, girls and their families. Country-by-country results are listed below.
As a thank you to anyone who supports at the level of $100 or more, we will send a free A Chance In Life face mask. (Masks are reusable, washable and 100% cotton). Give today to claim yours!
As the pandemic continues, so does the hunger crisis our children face. Please make an immediate gift to support our youth and their caregivers. Donate $50 or more to help us provide nutritious meals for a child for a month in Ethiopia, India, Italy or Latin America. If you give before June 30, your donation will matched by a partner foundation, doubling your impact!
100% of donations will be used for needs related to the COVID-19 outbreak. A Chance In Life is proud to be recognized by Charity Navigator as a top recommended charity providing community support and services in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- In Cochabamba, Bolivia, 82 children and their families living in the poorest neighborhoods have received support to cover their nutrition needs for a month, along with cleaning supplies and information about COVID-19 to keep them safe.
- Boys and girls and their families in Medellín and Bogotá, Colombia, were provided with food relief for a month. On average, these families are made up of 5 members.
- In Sumpango, Cuilapa and Guatemala City, Guatemala, 109 children and their families were provided with food supplies. Some of these children are especially vulnerable because they have HIV/AIDS.
- In the states of Gujarat, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, India, 725 boys and girls and their families (most of them migrant workers) have received food supplies to cover their nutrition needs. Our six programs still open in India have received the financial support needed to cover their basic needs.
- In Lima and Chimbote, Peru, 981 children and their families living in the poorest communities have received food relief.
- In the remote communities we serve in Ethiopia, the 480 children of our programs have received food supplies. Our four programs serve high school girls, orphans and vulnerable children, handicapped children and girls at university and vocational training.
Special thanks to the Caritas Pro Vitae Gradu Charitable Trust, major partner in our COVID-19 efforts.